AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Videos Being Disapproved for Shocking Content

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recap television shows, I'm not using profanity or derogatory language, but my ads are bring disapproved.  One last week was approved,running and gaining views, but a day later it was disapproved for shocking content.  Today another video was disapproved for shocking content.  I do not know what the issue is.  

2 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Tracy,

It definitely isn't a visual issue, as it is just you talking. And I'm not going to listen to a 20+ minute video to find out what would have triggered this, but as an example, your most recent video you say the word "blood". I know that showing blood visually is enough to be disapproved for shocking, but saying it - I have no idea.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

If the TV shows have violence or content that is not kid-friendly... it's shocking content. Video games that display or use guns is considered shocking. Blood, guts, body fluids... it's shocking content. Obscene language, cussing, hate speech... it's shocking content. People people scared, in danger, conspiracy, medical issues... it's shocking content. 

I guess after writing all of that, I am wondering if there are TV shows on today that do not have any of that?

Remember that you do not have to be the one doing any of this... but if your product (TV show) does, it can get your account/campaign/ad flagged. You are running ads that bring attention to a promoted product via AdWords and it must conform to the AdWords policies. So your TV shows cannot contain any shocking content.

Kind Regards,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is this something new because I have promoted videos on these same shows before without issue.  Anyway, thanks for the replies.  If Google doesn't want my few dollars I won't beg them to take it.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Tracy,

You are very welcome. 

It's not new but the system for reviewing for policy compliance or the person checking the flag item certainly could be quite different since your last promotion. We also hear of ads that approved for months and then disapproved with no explanation as to why they were not caught sooner. 

It's likely that some of your videos are fine and some are not... it would just depend on the content. Everything we all do with AdWords must pass policy 100%.

Kind Regards,

James