AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Video ad words error message

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone, ran into an error message in ad words for video that I've never seen.  Seems they are flagging the fact that the video I uploaded is driving users to a .org page.  Is that against YouTube policies?  How could I potentially get around this exactly as I tried changing the landing page url to .com but it seems to be a video url issue.

YouTube url: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gi46YO1o_Y

Error Message:

This ad doesn't follow our policies, here's what you need to fix.

Google policy does not permit the advertisement of websites that contain unacceptable business practices. 

Mozilla.org

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Jason

Re: Video ad words error message

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jason,

Do you have the rights to send to mozilla.org/com? If you don't then that might be the problem.

Check out the domain on your Youtube channel page info! If it's different; then that should be the issue. Look into it and then upload your video.

If the problem persists then talk to your Google representative. They will help you. You can also try the Adwords support below:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206

Hope this helps.

Regards
Rohit Khanna

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, we have a signed IO with Mozilla to distribute their video content on YouTube so that should not be the issue. Does Google flag advertising content that is a competitor against other Google products? I tried uploading a different brands video that we had previously run and I got the same error message and they seem just to be flagging that fact that we're running a mozilla ad or driving to a mozilla site.

Any thoughts why this would be against Google Policies or if you know if that's the case?

Thanks so much!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I don't think so Google would not allow advertising for mozilla. However, if you have the rights to advertise for mozilla then you should speak to a google representative and get this sorted. I have mentioned the support link as well above.

Regards
Rohit