AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Video Destination URLs for YouTube & Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm having a little difficulty understanding the correct procedure for destination URLs within Adwords Video for YouTube.

When it asks for the destination url to click, i'm actually a little confused what to put, i obviously want people to view one of my own you tube videos but i'm inserting the URL of our online store, does this mean that if someone sees the video and clicks on it, it will start playing automatically then if they click on the screen again it then goes through to our online store or does it mean when someone clicks on the still image it goes straight to our online store without anyone seeing the actual video?

Or finally does it just mean it only applies to when your video automatically starts playing within another video as advertising and then if they click the video when it automatically plays it then takes you to the online store? 

Any pointers or help would greatly be apprecated.

Thanks

BATB

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Video Destination URLs for YouTube & Adwords

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Batb,

Thank you for posting on our Community forum. To clarify, the destination URL is the URL that loads when a user clicks your ad. The landing page URL is where users actually end up after passing through any redirects associated with your destination URL. If the destination URL doesn't redirect, the destination URL and landing page URL are the same thing.

After clicking an ad, the user should end up on a site that complies with AdWords policy and works properly for all users in all browsers and devices.

You can find out more about Destination URLs on our friendly Help page here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1310892?hl=en&topic=1626336&path=1316546&ctx=leftnav

Re: Video Destination URLs for YouTube & Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i did not understand this answer. i want to promote my video so it gets as many views as possible. if someone clicks on the destination url will they by pass the video or will the video play until the moment the video is clicked and the visitor is now taken to the destination url? most importantly i want to know, if my video is displayed in the recommended videos, or search results, will the user see my video when they click on it, yes or no?

Video Destination URLs for YouTube & Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Adwords is not clear at all. That's why I won't do business with them again