AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Video Ad: Serving Approved but no Impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My video ad was approved yesterday morning, but it still only has 6 impressions and 1 view. Why would the ad not be showing even though it is approved?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Video Ad: Serving Approved but no Impressions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi;
The most common reason: you bid too low
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
In addition to Moshe's answer. Your reach may be too narrow, since If you use many targeting methods.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Well.. Agree with Ahmed
First explore your targeting methods. Usually this would be when using more than 2 targeting methods on GDN.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hey does that worked . mine too is samee kinda problem . it says SERving APProved but still getting no impression

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have the same problem - my target is "all" and my bid is 7 USD - and after 24 hours I still have zero views... any hints on what I can be doing wrong?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Check the variables that could narrow the targeting :

1) Are you targeting a very small city with a potential of very few users ?

2) Have you restricted gender targeting by removing "unknown" gender ?

3) Have you restricted age targeting to only one age segment ?

4) Did you target only a couple of interests ?

5) Did you set negative targeting for age, gender or any other criteria

Later edit : it also matters for serving how many views can your daily budget accomodate given your Target CPV bid ? If you have a 21 USD daily budget and a 7 USD CPV bid , serving should be limited because you basically afford only 3 views.