AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Video Ad: Serving Approved but no Impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My video ad was approved yesterday morning, but it still only has 6 impressions and 1 view. Why would the ad not be showing even though it is approved?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Video Ad: Serving Approved but no Impressions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi;
The most common reason: you bid too low
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
In addition to Moshe's answer. Your reach may be too narrow, since If you use many targeting methods.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Well.. Agree with Ahmed
First explore your targeting methods. Usually this would be when using more than 2 targeting methods on GDN.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hey does that worked . mine too is samee kinda problem . it says SERving APProved but still getting no impression

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have the same problem - my target is "all" and my bid is 7 USD - and after 24 hours I still have zero views... any hints on what I can be doing wrong?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Check the variables that could narrow the targeting :

1) Are you targeting a very small city with a potential of very few users ?

2) Have you restricted gender targeting by removing "unknown" gender ?

3) Have you restricted age targeting to only one age segment ?

4) Did you target only a couple of interests ?

5) Did you set negative targeting for age, gender or any other criteria

Later edit : it also matters for serving how many views can your daily budget accomodate given your Target CPV bid ? If you have a 21 USD daily budget and a 7 USD CPV bid , serving should be limited because you basically afford only 3 views.