AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Victim of Extreme Double Serving!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Me and my company are victims of a double serving competitor.  To be honest, double serving is not an applicable title as this competitor is serving up to 6 domains for given keywords!  This competitor is double serving via more than 25 adwords campaigns presently! 

I have reported this to Adwords on more then one occasion but the double serving campaigns continue.  This competitor has been caught double serving on more then one occasion but continues to rebuild his monopolizing offensive over and over again.   I have provided concrete evidence to substantiate the claims.  Is there anyone on this forum who can help?  I feel that Google/Adwords doesn't care about the quality and diversity of what it's viewers see in search results, and that Google doesn't care about the advertising costs to legitimate advertisers.  Greed seems to be the keyword associated with policy enforcement at Adwords. 

Maybe some type of class action is warranted?  I see lots of posts on here about double serving violations without any recourse.  Or is it better that I also double serve....that's what Google would want as it would continue to drive up the keyword costs and drive out the legitimate advertisers.

Sorry to sound frustrated and venting.....I've spent more then 1 million dollars with Google and I expect better service.  I would be out of business if I allowed this type of activity in my business.

I look forward to any constructive replies and solutions.  I am happy to forward several dozen documents as evidence of all double serving campaigns.

On another note, this same competitor has gained 1st page organic rankings for several of his double served domains.  Think about it, if a competitor is double serving, then he is monopolizing.  Monopolizing enables these people to produce more revenue (revenue that Google allows them to steal from industry competitors due to their policy violating practices).  Producing more revenue allows these people the luxury of allocating funds to SEO.  Also, with higher traffic to their double served sites they get higher save rates and more return traffic which also helps improve quality and rankings for their domains.  All of this "organic" aid comes directly from double serving their sites and capturing market share from other advertisers.  It should be a policy at Google.com to blacklist any domains that are naturally ranked if linked to a double serving campaign!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Victim of Extreme Double Serving!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Well...I admit that double serving is a long process until resolved (and sometimes, after all efforts, the violator  is back). I admit that I strongly advocate for  "harsh" sanctions against DS violators, but I am not the one who makes the decisions... I am an advertiser, as you are...

How many times have you reported and in what format? Google is a big company. Reporting through the proper channels and in the desired format helps Google to better and faster process the complaint.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I have contacted folks at support via phone and have sent emails to the support email address on several occasions up to and including about 3 weeks ago (started emailing evidence back in August 2014) as the competitor keeps adding more and more domains to adwords keyword searches. I have received the canned reply that they are investigating but would not release the outcome of their investigation. ( I dont need to hear from them about the outcome, I can see it directly in the search results). I would be happy to send you documentation to review if you wish. Because there are so many double serving sites across many segments of my industry, it would be burdensome to post them all here on this forum. I have screenshots of search results showing the ads, screenshots of whois data, screenshots of IP address information, company information that links the URL's together (this competitor has set up fake companies in an effort to mask IP and ownership of domains), secret shopper email replies showing IP address of the sender in the full header, DNS server info, and more.

Please let me know how I can forward some of this data to you for review.

Thank you sincerely

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Well... This is a complex case with many details. This is beyond our scope, and beyond the time we can allocate, as volunteers in this community, to check and look into a complex policy case. I would recommend, though, to submit the case through this link;
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’