AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Using the Google Network to gain an unfair traffic advantage over other participants in the auction

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, could anyone tell me if this would be a violation, I have found 2 companies advertising in the same keyword categories in the same auction and on the search results page they are at the 1st and 2nd positions.

1st Company in position 1: In the terms and conditions on their website they clearly state " we are company 1 Ltd registered in England and Wales etc etc etc" 

2nd Company in position 2: In the terms and conditions on their website they clearly state " we are Company 1 Ltd trading as Company 2 Ltd registered in England and Wales etc etc etc".

Different company names different websites but the same company, my business is in the same business category and I was thinking about trying to advertise in this group, but my business is tiny compared to this company and feel I would just be wasting my money trying to compete. 

Regards Mark

2 Expert replyverified_user

Using the Google Network to gain an unfair traffic advantage over other participants in the auction

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I have come across this before when a client of mine had a competitor who literally had 6 results on the page by gaming the system using different URL's (Back when ads where on the top and right rail).  I reported it to Google and they took the advertiser down.

If it is truly the same company and they are just using different URL's they could be in violation.  You might be best off to contact Google direct and ask them to have a look.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark P
April 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kim, Thanks for your reply, I will contact google, they are both national companies with huge advertising budgets it might be an oversight on their part,  but it clearly states in the first line of both their terms and conditions that they are the same company with the same business head office address, so you never know something might get done but I don't think I'll hold my breath.

Regards Mark

Re: Using the Google Network to gain an unfair traffic advantage over other participants in the auct

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

page ads capture.jpgclearabee t & c.jpgwaste express t & c.jpg

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Mark P,

As @Kim_Clink mentioned above, your best option could be to report on them here:

***   Feedback on AdWords ads   ***

https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/4578507

Please select the radio "Multiple ads are showing for one company ("Gaining an unfair advantage" policy)" before going ahead.

Best,

Lakatos