AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Using "Google" on Our Text Ads

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello!

We see some web agencies are able to use "Google" on their text ads. As a web agency ourselves, we want to increase our competitive edge by using the trademark on our text ads.

We are having troubles getting someone to help us. The account managers don't know how to help and we haven't found how to to it on the documentation.

Anyone out there who has experience with this? How can we do it? 

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Camila K
September 2015

Re: Using "Google" on Our Text Ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
https://www.google.com/intl/en/ads/premiersmbpartner/advertisers-findpartner.html

Those are premium partners, check in your geo's list if people who are using Google in their ad-copy are among those.

Adwords is something which I think you can use directly.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

You can't use other brand names in your ad text. Will you able to share some scree-shots of such ads with us here? 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
We see other web agencies using "Google" on their text ads, so we know it's possible. The problem is that there is no information about it anywhere, so how did they do it? We want it too Smiley Happy

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

If someone uses it that way it is wrong, Just because they are doing it if your planning do it also, you would be wrong also. This may be because system may not have identified this as a trademark issue ( Even though its rare)

If you know who is doing this please use this form and submit,

https://support.google.com/websearch/contact/g_trademark?hl=en&ctx=contactpolicy&utm_source=policyhc...

But if you asking how to use "Google" trademark even after knowing it is wrong sorry I can't help you 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
It's not wrong. I see big web agencies doing it. This means that they have visibility and Google is well aware of them. Somehow they got the authorization, but apparently it is a more complicated process than it seemed at first.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Certain large agencies who are google small business partners can use Google term in their creative and landing page.

To become a partner have lot of T&C and Compliance to follow along with large technical and support staff to help SME launch and manage their business using Adwords platform.

Read : https://support.google.com/partners/?hl=en#topic=3110975

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
We are Google Partners and we can use the logo on our website, but still we cannot use "Google" on our text ads. No one seems to be able to help us :/

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
You are able to use any trademarked name in your text ads if you have the trademark owner's permission. In this case that would be Google... there is a process, but I must confess I have not gone through it yet (I should...)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yep! But we are trying to contact them and no one knows what to tell us because they have no idea how to do it. Our e-mails remain unanswered and phone support knows nothing about...
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Camila K
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
https://www.google.com/intl/en/ads/premiersmbpartner/advertisers-findpartner.html

Those are premium partners, check in your geo's list if people who are using Google in their ad-copy are among those.

Adwords is something which I think you can use directly.