AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Using old content will it get your account suspended?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know whether Google will suspend your account if you are using old recycle content?

My situation is that I am currently working for a client and before I start this journey with him, I've asked him everything in regards to his past experience with AdWords and he told me the previous company got his acct suspended. Therefore just for precautionary measure I've asked him to use a new CC with new address (either his wife), but I am not 100% sure if he can reuse his content for the new domain?

Any advice?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Using old content will it get your account suspended?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Most likely that Google will catch him as a returning former advertiser and re-suspend the account. (They are good at catching returning advertisers with a history of violation.)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So then what would you reccommend?

From my experience with Google I would think using a new CC with new billing address and perhaps writing new content for his site would help him to start again, but not 100% sure if this would work. I don't want to start managing his account and see that after 1 week it get suspended.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author fishoil
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Fishoil,

If the suspension was never resolved you should definitely exercise caution.  Here is what I would do.

1. Find out if the 'old' account still exists and whether or not the client can still access it.  Do everything you can to get access to that account.

2. Find out exactly what happened and determine if it's something that could be resolved.

3. Resolve all issues, get suspension removed and then, move forward with managing new account.

4. If you cannot resolve old suspension, chances are, you're going to run into problems trying to open a new account.

What you're describing is a borderline if not competently black hat You're in essence suggesting that a previously suspended advertiser/website be re-used in a new account by altering the billing information in an attempt to mask advertiser information.  Please understand that Google has many systems in place to keep track of previously suspended advertisers/accounts etc...and a domain is very easy to track. You do not want to mess around too much with trying to sneak your way back in.  Most suspension emails explain this quite clearly.

If you cannot access the old account, it wouldn't hurt to check with AdWords Support and see what they have to say about opening a new account. 

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author fishoil
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again Fishoil,

I completely agree with Tom;

The system is quite sophisticated to handle false /counterfeit tactics. Changing CC and billing address cannot "trick" the system;

If your client was suspended due to a landing page violation, I doubt he can return and advertise on Google;

Check the details suggested by Tom and get back to us,

How long has been since the account suspended?

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great insights from both of you. Thank you

I will be in contact with my client to see if he is willing to let me know exactly what happen to his previous account before I get my feet wet, just in case he is hiding something and then it will be a waste of my time trying to put up a new account for him.

Once again thank you for all your help.