AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Using drug names in advertising rehab services?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm in comms business and one of my client segments are organizations providing substance abuse treatment services. They also occasionally run public information campaigns warning about harmful substances.

I wonder if there are any policy restrictions for terms like 'cannabis' or 'cocaine', considering that the the actual product/service is about cannabis treatment, or a campaign against substance misuse?

I'm aware of that organizations providing health services are supposed to apply for a specific permission to advertise through AdWords.

Anyone with experience with similar stuff?

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Antti J
September 2015

Re: Using drug names in advertising rehab services?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Antti J

Though the  model  of your business is for a good cause, my understanding of  your business is that the content promoted falls  under the category of prohibited content and cannot be advertised.

Read more:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6008942?hl=en#con

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Using drug names in advertising rehab services?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe,

Thanks a lot for getting back. I assume how you define the nature of the content is pretty much a matter of interpretation. However, judging by the fact that drug related searches never show any ads, the thing seems to be like you said.

Too bad, AdWords would make a great tool for reaching out for people interested in different substances.

Thanks again and have a great weekend!