AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Using adwords to advertise a referral URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'd like to use adwords to advertise a referral URL I have for dropbox.  I get an extra amount of disk space for every referral that signs up for a dropbox account using my referral URL.  I've read posts on other forums where people indicate that by doing this google disabled their account.  I cannot see any reference to referrals in the list of disallowed advertising categories on adwords help.  I really don't want to have my google account disabled, so...

Can I advertise a referral URL using adwords?

If people are allowed to advertise referral URLs and the users I mentioned did have their account disabled - they must have broken some rule; in those cases is the entire google account disabled or just access to google adwords?  Is it disabled or suspendined for a finite period of time?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Using adwords to advertise a referral URL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Comurhila,

Based on your entry the Landing Page would likely be a bridge page. Please learn that Google AdWords doesn't allow ads that promote bridge pages. (bridge page is a web page created for the main purpose of sending visitors to a different website.)

*** Bridge Page

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=190435

Best,

Lakatos