AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Using adwords to advertise a referral URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'd like to use adwords to advertise a referral URL I have for dropbox.  I get an extra amount of disk space for every referral that signs up for a dropbox account using my referral URL.  I've read posts on other forums where people indicate that by doing this google disabled their account.  I cannot see any reference to referrals in the list of disallowed advertising categories on adwords help.  I really don't want to have my google account disabled, so...

Can I advertise a referral URL using adwords?

If people are allowed to advertise referral URLs and the users I mentioned did have their account disabled - they must have broken some rule; in those cases is the entire google account disabled or just access to google adwords?  Is it disabled or suspendined for a finite period of time?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Using adwords to advertise a referral URL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Comurhila,

Based on your entry the Landing Page would likely be a bridge page. Please learn that Google AdWords doesn't allow ads that promote bridge pages. (bridge page is a web page created for the main purpose of sending visitors to a different website.)

*** Bridge Page

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=190435

Best,

Lakatos