AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Using AdWords to promote a FB Contest - Bridge Page?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear all,

I'm manager of Web & Communication for a hospitality group in Mauritius Island.

I'm about to launch a Facebook contest with a great price (value of few thousands euros) and wanted to promote it with AdWords Display.

To help the contest, at least at the begining, i wanted to promote it with Display. I'd like to have your opinion if it seems ok to you to Google's rules.

- The banner target few countries i want to focus.

- The banner redirect the internet user to a page hosted on our website that will explain the contest, how it works, what they can win, and two call to action button. They will have to choose beetween Contest A and B (sorry, i can't tell you right now the difference, but it's not the same). Of course, they can also get to our homepage and visit our website.

- Once they click on A or B, they go to a page, on our website, that clearly explaines this specifi contest.. There will be a page for A and a page for B, each page will have different content. If they still want to participate, they simply click on "Go to the facebook Contest". Of course, these contests are free.

- Then, they are redirected to our facebook page, on the application tab that has been specially created for it, and they start their contest.

I wished to involved also Google+, but except posting about the contest (which we'll do), i don't really see how, especially that the contest is hosted on a FB application and not our page.

My question : do you think i may enfrige the Bridge page rule, as i think that i provide valuable uniq content.

My other option, would be to redirect people directly to the tab created on our Facebook Page, but i wished internet users to be able to visit our website in the same time they want to participate to our contest.

What are your thaughts?

Have a nice and sunny day.

Alexandre

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alexandre B
September 2015

Re: Using AdWords to promote a FB Contest - Bridge Page?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

It's really hard to tell without examining the specific case; However, I would recommend carefully reviewing the following sections of the Policy;

• Gambling (meaning the contest  is no "lottery" / gambling related -  as explained in this section
  • Spam techniques (artificially driving traffic to your website)
  • Bridging (as you already mentioned
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Mosh,
i will look closer at these rules. I didn't look at the Gambling one as we were not promoting a gambling website, but always good to know what there is wriiten there.
I had someone from Google yesterday that told me :
- Yes, i can redirect people to our Facebook page (it would be html tab)
- No, they wouldn't consider my website page as a bridge page, as soon as there is relevant content inside on it, without any big red bouton on the middle as call to action. So, if we explain the contest, we give samples, we illustrate etc... and then we finish with a classic button, it would be ok.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
OK; So, you are all set in terms of the Policy ;
Good luck with your campaign;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’