AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Use of Abbreviation in Headline

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

My chosen keyword has multiple words ending in the word attorney. I want to use the keyword as the headline but it is a couple of characters too long. If I use the abbreviation atty the keyword will fit perfectly into the headline. However, I am concerned that an abbreviation might not be considered an exact match for someone entering a search query if the person does not use the atty abbreviation but rather types out the full word, attorney. Please explain whether use of this atty abbreviation in my headline would be considered a phrase match rather than an exact match.

Thanks,

Christopher L

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi

You're right, that the abbreviations isn't this same than full phrase, but it still easy to understand. You can add keywords with abbreviation and/or use Keyword Insertion Tool - sometimes it puts longer headlines

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Although having the search query in the headline almost always improves CTR, you don't need to be clinical.

CTR is improved because the headline is telling the searcher that they have what was searched for. You can be creative...

For example, say the keyword is [accident compensation attorneys]

The headline could say:

Need Accident Compensation? - No Win No Fee Attorneys

Rather than:

Accident Compensation Attorneys - Your Brand