AdWords
937 members online now
937 members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Use Landing page to direct customers to infusionsoft store, violate guidelines?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm creating an ad for a summer camp my organization will be hosting. I'm going to build a landing page specifcally for the purpose of educating people on what the summer camp is about and getting them to register and pay for it. My store is on an infusionsoft domain here: https://kd939.infusionsoft.com/app/storeFront/showCategoryPage?categoryId=4

Guidelines say the landing page for an ads primary purpose cannot be to direct customers to another domain. Will this violate that guideline since it is our primary store and is just a shop domain for our main site, theparenthelpcenter.com? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gabriel P
September

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Why use the shop page as the landing page instead of the actual website? The shop page has no content - Policies aside - That doesn't make for a very effective landing page.

If I'm at my wits end with my child, and decide to look into child boot camp - Just because I click on the ad doesn't mean I'm going to buy anything. I'm doing this because I love my child. You still have to convince me to trust you with my child. The actual website is a much better resource for that.

If all the sales/signups have to go through the shop domain, then that creates some potential tracking issues. But, you are going to have to find a solution to that whether you use it as the landing page or not. Since you have analytics installed for the main site, if you land the AdWords ads on that site, then you will at least be able to track some data. Without any analytics on the shop domain, you're never going to get any kind of back end data. 

Until you can find a better shopping cart solution, you're kind of stuck. But, the main domain is still, for a number of reasons, the "best" domain to use for the ads. 

Tom

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Gabriel P;

Your landing page has several violations: It serves a as a doorway to another URL, it has no added value to users and  its primary goal is  solicitation of funds. All those are not allowed. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gabriel P
September

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Why use the shop page as the landing page instead of the actual website? The shop page has no content - Policies aside - That doesn't make for a very effective landing page.

If I'm at my wits end with my child, and decide to look into child boot camp - Just because I click on the ad doesn't mean I'm going to buy anything. I'm doing this because I love my child. You still have to convince me to trust you with my child. The actual website is a much better resource for that.

If all the sales/signups have to go through the shop domain, then that creates some potential tracking issues. But, you are going to have to find a solution to that whether you use it as the landing page or not. Since you have analytics installed for the main site, if you land the AdWords ads on that site, then you will at least be able to track some data. Without any analytics on the shop domain, you're never going to get any kind of back end data. 

Until you can find a better shopping cart solution, you're kind of stuck. But, the main domain is still, for a number of reasons, the "best" domain to use for the ads. 

Tom