AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Urgently disapproved since 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Randomly got a "Your AdWords Account May Get Suspended" email. I got one a long time ago, which was a massive exercise in frustration (took them a week to tell me what the actual problem even was). It was a one-word fix which wasn't even honest, but made someone happy enough to un-suspend me.

Well, the new violation is "Misleading content" with zero elaboration. The stupid part is, the Date of Violation reads 2015-11-04. So ... is this the same violation? Because I fixed it. Is it something else? Because I wasn't told. I understand my business is a magnet for ignorance and criticism (I'm a professional hypnotist) but I'm getting sick of being randomly reported by someone's grandmother and auto-suspended by a department that doesn't know anything about what is and is not "misleading" in my field. My site actually understates what I do by quite a margin.

So can anyone tell me how to contact someone who can get this ball rolling? I'm not kidding when I said that last time it took me a week to even get a straight answer from anyone as to what the problem was (getting hung up on by "experts" in chat repeatedly wasn't the most professional experience I've ever had). And of course, trying to contact anyone now just takes me here.

Sorry. This isn't how I envisioned spending my evening and all my previous experiences with this process are pretty negative, so I'm a touch cross. Basically looking for anywhere I can find elaboration on "misleading content". Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Urgently disapproved since 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
It is currently a holiday in the USA (4th of July). So try them tomorrow.

In my recent experience these warnings can become an actual suspension within hours, so don't put this off.

Usually such warnings/suspensions can be fixed by small changes to your site, as you have already experienced. Ask the Googler who answers to email you with what needs to be fixed, otherwise their solutions over the phone/chat can be a bit vague (depending on who you get).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
"Ask the Googler who answers to email you with what needs to be fixed"

How do I know who that is? The email was a generic warning from adwords-noreply@google.com. Also, thanks for the reminder of the date; I'd forgotten.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
You need to talk top Google directly via phone or chat. Unfortunately this isn't possible to today (in the USA) as it is a holiday.

Get the phone number here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1385067

Chat here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/go/contact

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Chris B
Hypnosis is a very sensitive issue at Google. Claims must be carefully stated  to be all within the commonly accepted  scientific practices. (In other words, you cannot claim results/ outcome / benefits / cure using hypnosis unless they are  'commonly postulated' within the scientific community)
Please share the website URL in question;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Still not able to open a chat. Oddly, the "email" feature also brings me here. I expect just as much pain to correct the issue this time as last time.

The website URL is http://www.chrisbarryhypnosis.com.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Chris B;

I looked briefly at your site (a full review is  a labor intensive and beyond our scope here). It seems that you are a bit aggressive with the claims and the probable outcomes of the service you offer (e.g. "empower you to deal with anything negative in your lives"..."hypnosis is used specifically to help you with whatever challenges are in your life:...)

I would strongly recommend reviewing all content of the site for compliance.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That is literally impossible without a firm idea of what "compliance" means. I don't find those claims aggressive at all, especially when put in context; again, I'm already toning it back.

I need someone capable of actual, clear communication to tell me exactly what the triggers for this warning were so I can fix them and everyone can be happy. I'm a hypnotist, not a mind reader. I'm not going to randomly make changes and hope by trial and error that eventually someone who isn't even educated on this is magically happy. I'm as likely to break it further going that route as anything.

And of course, chat and email still don't function, so I'll never see that "clear communication". I don't see my experience with this nonsense being radically better then it was last year at this rate. Can anyone here help me at all?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Google does not disclose the specifics / details of the content in violation which triggered the suspension.
If you search the thousands  of suspensions cases on this community, you will find that Google is nonspecific about the violations and the fix to be applied. (FYI: Google has made a major progress in Policy transparency and communicating Policy issues   during the last 2 years. Until 2 years ago, Google was much less transparent:  advertisers were not even notified about the section of the policy in violation...)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not interested in what they can't do. I want to know what they *can* do. My site is very text-heavy; I can't just go randomly changing things and playing the trial-and-error game. Again, I'm as likely to introduce some new violation as anything. That's a non-solution.

Last time I got the specific detail out of Google, it just took me two weeks. What I'd really like to know is why the chat and email aren't working for me right now, so I can get to work figuring out what the problem is this time.

"Until 2 years ago advertisers even were not notified about the section of the policy in violation."

You make it sound like I should be grateful. If they're shutting me down and can't even tell me why, that's pretty friggin' unprofessional by any standard. I've started moving my marketing to local networking with doctors and other health practitioners; maybe I can get to the point where I no longer need to rely on this service at all. It's getting less and less worth the headache.