AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Updating the Gambling-related content policy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm in a bit of a unique situation and I'm hoping someone can help me figure out the next steps.

I'm based in Jersey, Channel Islands , we're dealing with an online gambling client that's looking to advertise to people on the island.

Previously, we had been treated as a UK agency as Jersey isn't listed in any of Google's country lists (despite having a localised version of Google). Unfortunately, as the company is a Jersey company targeting Jersey users, the company is regulated in Jersey (and as such does not have the UK regulation documents that would be expected by the Adwords team).

Adwords have so far stated that they can't promote restricted gambling content if the country is not listed in the country restrictions section, however there doesn't seem to be any information about how to get a country added to the list.

If anyone has had any success with similar situations or if any of the CMs can help, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Updating the Gambling-related content policy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Callum A;

The best approach would be to to draft an official application by the client, including all documentation and submit it through support channels. That will allow to track the process through the CRM.

The key is that  the application will be written in a clear language, explaining the background, and providing all relevant documentation about the applicable laws governing gambling in Jersey.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Updating the Gambling-related content policy

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@MosheTLV Thanks for the update.

I've spoken to my Adwords Agency Development Manager and Adwords support, they have said that they'll submit a request from their side and pointed me towards this form https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/cfeedback , but I have been told that optimistically it's unlikely to be done before the end of next quarter (which is why I'm hoping to escalate this). How would I go about drafting the official application, and what's the best support channel to go to?