AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Untrustworthy Promotions Advice

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Advice please.

We run a website that offers free pension advice, the purpose of the site is to provide free advice to consumers regards their pensions.

We partner with a well known fca regulated financial advice company with advisors nationwide.

Their financial planners respond to them questions asked on our website and in some cases the customer will require further advice which may be chargeable. e.g if they wanted to change from one pension provider to another.

I've been talking to google for over 3 months now, have made countless changes but basically it comes down to the way we collect information, i.e in a text box that the consumer asks his question and then supplies contact information.

I'm not completely stuck as to what changes to make to appease google.

Can anyone give me some feedback?

the site is http://www.simple-pension-advice.com/

Many thanks

Dan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Untrustworthy Promotions Advice

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @dancha have Google provided any specifics regarding the content of your site in terms of the policy violation?

What does the term "fully regulated" mean on the home page?

Where does the security come into play, and what form does it take?

In some cases, not all, it may be possible to fix a specific section of the site or particular wording (or lack of).

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jon,
Fully regulated mean that all advisors that deal with client questions are regulated financial planners by the financial conduct authority. They all work for a regulated financial firm.
By fully secure, we mean that we only use their data to pass to this firm, we dont pass on to anyone else.
Originally google said it is an untrustworthy promotion, then they had a load of issues with our site, 1 being we did not have the fca logo on our site (its actually illegal for anyone other than the fca to use their logo). I feel we've been passed to numerous advisors, none of which could actually give us structured advice on how we fix the issue.
I believe google thinks we are harvesting data, i don't know why why think this because of reasons explained above.
Now access to advisors by google video is disabled and when i put my acc no into the phone system it just tells me my account is disabled then hangs up?!

any ideas?

dan

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @dancha so, just to be clear, your advisors are regulated by the FCA, but the company itself is not.

I'll see if I can gain any more insight into what's going on, but please bear in mind that there may be nothing I can do here.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jon,

Yes we pass the leads on to an fca regulated company, we dont sell to anyone else, all leads go to one source. They are fca regulated.

regards

dan