AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Unfair advantage

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I filed a couple of reports a few months ago saying that a competitor is gaining an unfair advantage in that they have 2 separate sites offering similar product and bidding for the same keywords. It pretty clear they are the same company as they make no secret of this on the sites so my question is, Google clearly doesn't think it's unfair as they haven't done anything about it. Is there any way I can confirm that Google are either very slow, just un interested or do allow this type of activity. You may sense in my tone that having done Adwords for ten years now I don't really trust them anymore Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Unfair advantage

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Mike, how are things?

Double serving it's a really complicated matter indeed. There're cases where Google took so long to do anything, but there were cases where they were very efficient.

Maybe it's a matter of support or review teams? I don't know...but anyway, you can always contact the support and let them know to initiate an investigation.

You can also refer to this discussion here to see more information:
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approval-Policy/Double-Serving-Policy/td-p/429044

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there,

Thanks very much for your reply, we will have to wait & see. I think my
view is that my competitor is a very high Adwords spender and as such
either gets good info direct from Google or have some very skilled people
who know how to play the system to its limits without being penalised.

Cheers,

Mike

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

Thanks very much for your reply, we will have to wait & see. I think my view is that my competitor is a very high Adwords spender and as such either gets good info direct from Google or have some very skilled people who know how to play the system to its limits without being penalised.

Cheers,

Mike

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Mike_uk;

as @leandrofm mentioned this could take long  to investigate. Resubmit the complaint.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I must admit I'm not sure I understand the point about it takes a long time so re submit. I guess that either the case has been forgotten or been investigated and decided it is OK for the same company to have 2 ads (they make no secret of the connection on the second website) after all this time.

I'm still under the impression, if this is the case, that as they are big Adwords spenders they know how far to push things. The true winners here are Google so they don't really have an incentive to act.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Mike_uk;

The truth is much simpler and no conspiracy theory here: Smiley Surprised

There are endless complaints on the issue, each  case takes  time to investigate if  ads were shown  by the same business entity. And unlike the "endless" number of complaints, the staff checking them is limited. So, you might want to resubmit the complaint again. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’