AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Unclear information "contains major or repeated violations of our advertising policies."

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Dear community,

We are not sure what is the reason behind will cause the account suspended due to "it contains major or repeated violations of our advertising policies."

We tried to dig further about the policies. As we checked from campaign, there is no "disapproved ads" highlighted in our campaign.

May I know what happening for this?

Assume I remove all the ads in our campaign and will not put again the same ads in the future, is it possible to re-activate the suspended account? 

Kindly advice for it.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Unclear information "contains major or repeated violations of our advertising policies."

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there,

You need to check your emails - there will be one from AdWords that points out the policy violation that led to the suspension.

Ad disapprovals can be the result of a suspension, but ad disapprovals usually won't cause a suspension. So consequently, fixing the ads won't remove the suspension.

Unfortunately  "major or repeated violations of our advertising policies" usually means there is no chance of getting your account working again...

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there,

You need to check your emails - there will be one from AdWords that points out the policy violation that led to the suspension.

Ad disapprovals can be the result of a suspension, but ad disapprovals usually won't cause a suspension. So consequently, fixing the ads won't remove the suspension.

Unfortunately  "major or repeated violations of our advertising policies" usually means there is no chance of getting your account working again...

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

"contains major or repeated violations of our advertising policies." Usually refers more to the website/business than it does the actual AdWords account. There may be some hope of eventually complying with policies if the website content is the issue... But, as @RobSkelton alluded to, if the business model itself is the problem, then you may not be able to advertise the business using PPC as a medium. Odds are if Google won't allow you to advertise, Bing, FB, etc., won't either.

Tom

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi RobSkelton,

Yes, we have checked the emails.

It mentioned that "Your AdWords account has been suspended because it doesn't comply with our Advertising Policies and our AdWords Terms and Conditions. Please note that this means your account and any related accounts have been suspended, you can't create any new accounts, and your ads will no longer run on Google, our search partners, or on Display Network placements." There is no much details of the reason to suspend account.

We are really no idea of suddenly suspended our account. Assume we remove all the ads inside the campaign, is it possible can request for appeal to reactivate the account?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Apologize that we are not so well understand about your point.

Is it means that if we have advertised previously in Bing, FB and etc, then we cannot advertise the campaign at Google?

We have requested the Google teams to advice, but seems like nothing help us.

We have no problem if Google advice us to remove all the ads (perhaps the ads might violate the advertising policies) in campaign.

Of course, we will take more caution in the future before we publish for the ads rather than straight away suspend our account and just mentioned "contains major or repeated violations of our advertising policies."

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Major and repeated violations means that there will have been other emails that had more detail - mentioning a specific policy.

If you like you can share your website URL here, there's a good chance someone will be able to tell you what is wrong from looking at it.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am sorry to say that emails does not mention any detail or specific policy.

Elizabeth (Google Adwords) this fellow reply this "Our support team will not be able to give you any more specifics on the suspension." In simple, "everything is confidential" and suspended the account like "an air".

I have been deleted all the ads campaign because it might something wrong for the ads campaign. And still yet cannot solve this suspended account.

I finalize understand Google use this way to earn the profit.

Create the Google Adword account (from users) > Run the ads less than a month (at the same time accumulated the outstanding amount) > Adwords teams straight away suspended user's account surprisingly (simply say violates their policy) > And Users still need to pay the outstanding amount.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I'm sure that Google, like most businesses, prefer to have happy customers who stay with them.

Deleting campaigns won't fix the problem.

Like I said, if you share your URL (or even tell us what it is you sell) we might be able to provide some insight.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

"Deleting campaigns won't fix the problem."

Then what else can fix the problem?  (And yet there is no answer at all!!!)

This URL playstore Rakuma website https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.rakuten.rakuma.android&hl=en

This link does not content any adult, drugs or those illegal selling products. Google Adwords mentioned I "violate policy", meaning that single thing I cannot promote it? Then I sell what?? Close business and declare bankrupt??

Those suspended account users, please visit this thread.

Let's see how you all fix the problem!

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Can you explain the nature of your app?

I know that Rakuten is huge, but do you work for them? If not, why are you promoting their app?