AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Unacceptable Image Content Details

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello there.  I am trying to figure out what in my ads keeps flagging them for disapproval.  I am not a designer by trade so I am looking at competition and our brand to come up with some good banners for the space we are in and the demographic we are targeting. 

I keep getting them declined and this message in the little bubble "Disapproval reasons: [Image ads requirements] Unacceptable Image Content" but it has no detail on what is wrong so I am constantly trying new variations to see what the issue might be.

How can I possibly get some actual direction so I can have compliant ads that are also competitive in the markets I am targeting?

Here is a screenshot of a recent ad: http://puu.sh/alepE/cc7b3721a1.png  

Its pretty simple and straight forward but it was disapproved in like 5 minutes after submitting.

Re: Unacceptable Image Content Details

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Richard,

Google states that "unacceptable image content" - Your ad's behaviour is tricking users to click on your ad - Ensure that your ad doesn't contain gimmicks that would trick a user into clicking the ad.

I cant be sure but I imagine it maybe have something to do with the green "learn more" button, as this isn't actually a button? I am just taking a guess here.

Hope this was Helpful

JT

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Interesting so having a button is gimmicky and tricking people to click? That seems very strange to me isnt the whole point of an ad to have a "Call to action"? Otherwise why click something in the first place?

I am not sure that is it due to the fact that I have other ads that do have buttons that are approved. It may be but I feel like I am in compliance there based on what I have read so far. I really wish Google would take the 5 seconds to actually say what the issue is instead of vague reply that points to a page with like 30 things on it.

havRe: Unacceptable Image Content Details

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I totally agree with you. I submited 5 image ads few days ago. Two of them were disapproved due to "Unacceptable Image Content", but the others were approved. The most stangest is that the content of all the image ads are all same. I was just so confused.Smiley Sad

Re: havRe: Unacceptable Image Content Details

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is it because you are using the words "Windows 7"? Just wondering if it is a trademark problem?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I didn't use "windows 7" and any other keywords which may be trademark. I just wonder why some of my image ads were approved but the others were disapproved which they shared the same content.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Richard,

Could you please post the URL that this ad goes to? I highly doubt it is the button issue as suggested, but it may be an incongruence between ad copy and landing page. So if we could get a look at the landing page you are sending users to perhaps that will help with the problem.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Richard,

Another Issue may be your headline. You are stating "update windows drivers" this may be considered a system/site warning as implying that your drivers are out of date. There is also no brand connection on the ad, so it enforces the system warning hypothesis.

Read all about the policy here:
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176108?hl=en

I would consider rewording the text on your ad.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
"Here is a screenshot of a recent ad: http://puu.sh/alepE/cc7b3721a1.png"
can you not see where that says" update windows 7 driver"?