AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Uhm?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I really hope I didn't get suspended on here. Would be unfair since I didn't know you had to be 18. Probably should have showed us the rules before I went and started making a promotion.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Uhm?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Michaela,

Have you already had your AdWords account suspended?

Don't quote me on this as I can't find it in the policies but I seem to recall that 18+ Google accounts could be obtained with the permission of a parent or guardian. I'm not sure whether this has changed now (or ever was the case) so hopefully we can get someone in here to confirm it for you.

@MosheTLV , you might know about this?

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Michaela,

Have you already had your AdWords account suspended?

Don't quote me on this as I can't find it in the policies but I seem to recall that 18+ Google accounts could be obtained with the permission of a parent or guardian. I'm not sure whether this has changed now (or ever was the case) so hopefully we can get someone in here to confirm it for you.

@MosheTLV , you might know about this?

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@ScottyD is correct. To open an Adwords account, you must be an  18 year old.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/1350409?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’