AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

URGENT - Account Access. Poor security policy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I just received the below email saying I have had access to my personal AdWords account taken off me and given to someone else?!!?

I have vouchers live, affiliate PPC running etc.  I need access given back immediately, this is completely unacceptable!

The other party needs admin access to parts of the account, or the client ID's he has access to need removing and just putting in his, but you can't hand over my whole account with my billing details, live vouchers etc to somebody else just like that!

I need this sorting today as my security has pretty much been breached!

Thanks,

Hello,

We want to alert you that you no longer have access to AdWords account "benharper87@gmail.com." To learn more details about why your access was disabled, we suggest you contact the appropriate account Administrative Access user at "x"
As always, we are happy to assist you in any way we can. Feel free to contact us at adwords-support@google.com. We look forward to providing you with the most effective advertising available.

Sincerely,
The Google AdWords Team

Google Ireland Ltd.
Gordon House, Barrow Street
Dublin 4, Ireland

Registered in Dublin, Ireland | Registration Number: 368047
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: URGENT - Account Access. Poor security policy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ben,

Unfortunately the other user seems to have administrative access to the AdWords account whereby he is entitled kick you out. 

>> the other party needs admin access to parts of the account ... <<

That seems to have been a professional mistake. You should not have granted admin rights to some one who you can't trust.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best,

Lakatos

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 3
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi benharper87,

I've passed your issue to the AdWords support team to help you with your issue.

Thanks,
Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I completely trust the person involved (a former colleague) but I haven't granted anyone admin access - Google have taken it upon themselves to do this and to block me out!

The other party is completely happy for me to have my account back and just wants access to the shared parts of it - I just don't understand why Google would think it's ok to block me from my own account without even asking me!