AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Two domains associated with same account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have adwords running for my old website  and now i just got a new domain , better releated to my business . I just link both domains , if anyone type the new domain it automatically shifted to old one . Now i want to make adwords for new one , can i choose the landing page of old website ?? and can i show both websites in same adword ???

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Two domains associated with same account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

If both the domains are for same business, then you need to run the campaigns inside one Adwords account only. Because running multiple Adwords accounts for the same business are not allowed as per Double Serving Policy.

See the details here:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2600168?hl=en#

Violation of this policy is going to straight away suspend the account for any advertiser.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

If both the domains are for same business, then you need to run the campaigns inside one Adwords account only. Because running multiple Adwords accounts for the same business are not allowed as per Double Serving Policy.

See the details here:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2600168?hl=en#

Violation of this policy is going to straight away suspend the account for any advertiser.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Pankaj is right !!

You  can promote both these domains from the same account. 

Also your display and destination URL (prime domain) should be same. You can't use new domain name as display URL and a landing page from older website as a destination url in same ad-copy. IN this scenario your ad will be disapproved.

Also you can't redirect your new domain to the older one upon click on your advertisement. Redirection will also cause disapproval of your ad-copy.