AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Two different landing page urls, same content on landing page, different display url.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi!

I might be a novice when it comes to adwords, but how is this ad set up? Looks like a total scam. Would this not be an easy fix for the automated adwords system to not approve as an ad?

Or would it be like if toyota.com did an ad on toyota.com, but if you searhed for Rav4 you would land on rav4.com even though the display url was toyota.com? If so, I get the point, but I thougt that was against the adwords policy.

Cheers

Stan

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Two different landing page urls, same content on landing page, different display url.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Stanley J

What's happening here is a redirect. This means that the destination url and the display url do match in Adwords, and the redirect is happening server side after the click.  If they did try to do this directly in Adwords it would not be allowed.  Because it's happening after the fact, it could take awhile for Adwords to figure it out. To me, this appears to be some sort of oversight and not something intentionally malicious. 

Re: Two different landing page urls, same content on landing page, different display url.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
This is a violation. Most likely because they have previously violated the Policy. Please report to Google;
They will be banned for good.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi!

This ad was reported at the date of this thread, several times. That`s almost 3 months now. The original display URL is gone, but they just changed the display URL, but still do the same trick. This video is from today... Same setup, same landing page(s).

@MosheTLV

"This is a violation. Most likely because they have previously violated the Policy. Please report to Google;
They will be banned for good. "

I guess that there is nothing we can do about these guys? Just keep reporting as you always say?

What powers has Google in terms of banning the people behind the landing page from opening new accounts? It seems like they always use a new display URL and probably fake everything in order to open a new acount. If anyone from Google could just see a connection here...