AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Two different campaigns with same keywords but different location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Guys,

Im wondering: i have a service which can be searched with the same keywords, but i have two different links based on locations.

Ex: example.com/pet-hotel/san-francisco

example.com/pet-hotel/los-angeles

I want to create 2 different campaigns, with same keywords (in this case, pet hotel) but with different target locations and links. I was thinking on setting as negative target location on each one.
Ex: for the San Francisco campaign, i`d target only San Francisco and negative Los Angeles, and vice versa.

Is there any problem doing that? I will compete with my own campaigns? How can I solve this?

Thanks in advance,

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Archit (Rising Star)
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Felipe T

You don't have to exclude LA if you target SF. These are 2 distinct regions with no overlapping  region.

So, set one campaign for LA, and another to SF, with a customized landing page for each region.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Archit (Rising Star)
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Felipe T

You don't have to exclude LA if you target SF. These are 2 distinct regions with no overlapping  region.

So, set one campaign for LA, and another to SF, with a customized landing page for each region.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Perfect Mate! Thank you for clarifying for me! Smiley Happy