AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Two different campaigns with same keyword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have two different websites with similar products but different class. I need to make two separate campaigns leading to different domains but triggered by the same keywords. I made campaign A with keywords xx and xxx but when I made campaign B my ads are not showing for keywords xx and xxx because they are triggered by an adgroup in campaign A. What can I do? Is it possible to make these two campaigns with same keywords in one account or I need to create another account? And is it a violetion with Google AdWords policy to make second account for two websites which are both part of one bussiness? I will apreciate if someone can tell me the best practise I can use in this situation.

Thanks in advance!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Evgenia P
September 2015

Re: Two different campaigns with same keyword

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Evgenia,

Welcome to the AdWords forum Smiley Happy
I don't understand the "Class".

As far as if you have two domain with same products and address and catering the same business area/users, you can not run campaign for both domain. It is against the Google AdWords Double serving policy.

Please read more here:-
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2600168?hl=en

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Evgenia P
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Evgenia,

Welcome to the AdWords forum Smiley Happy
I don't understand the "Class".

As far as if you have two domain with same products and address and catering the same business area/users, you can not run campaign for both domain. It is against the Google AdWords Double serving policy.

Please read more here:-
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2600168?hl=en

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Just to clarify, I think Rakesh meant: "you CANNOT run campaign for both domain in DIFFERENT accounts"
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Thanks Moshe Smiley Happy I agree with you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
To my knowledge, you get only one impression per keyword for a single account, no matter where it leads, so you would have to create another account if you want to serve both of your sites.

However, as the others have mentioned, this would be against Google's guidelines.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot for the quick response. Under class I mean products with different prices and quality. I guess I will create more specific words for each campaign.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What this means is that there is no way to test different domain names to determine what works. Standard A/B testing, which has a been a core concept in online marketing is disallowed by the policy. How does a new company get started with rules like this? It could take me years to figure out what domain name to use if I have to test them one at a time.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Tom;
The policy allows targeting multiple domain using the same account. The double serving has been since the early days of Adwords. In that sense nothing has changed.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’