AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Two DIFFERENT WEBSITE in a single Adwords Account at the same time

Av
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Av
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I have a very specific questions. I have a client who has two different websites. Like 

1. www.abc.com

2. www.abcusedcars.com

abc.com is only focusing on new cars and abcusedcars.com is for used cars. Their target area is also different. Like:

1. Sacremento

2. Dixon

But sometime times above geographic area may overlap with each other.

Now my questions are:

1. Should I use one single account to run adwords for both the URL

Or,

2. Should I use two separate account to run adwords for two URL.

Please note Both the website has separate business address

Seniors........... Please let me know your views

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Two DIFFERENT WEBSITE in a single Adwords Account at the same time

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Av,

IMO, and with limited information, you don't have anything to gain by using multiple accounts, only risks.  If the business models are different, your campaigns will contain different keywords and therefore offer up the correct website when the proper search query is matched.  

You should have no trouble setting up separate targeting, bidding etc for the separate websites.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Av
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Av
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi PPCBossman,

Thanks for your reply.

That means...

I can use one adwords account to RUN Two Campaigns for two different website (Two different URL )simultanously.

Please confirm.

Thanks 

Av

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes you can the if a keyword will trigger both ads the one with the best qs will show

there is no risk of double serving

Av
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Av
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

But if locations are different then theoretically both the Ad should show....right?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi,

Yes, absolutely.  While you cannot have multiple websites promoted in the same ad group, this is where your limitations end.  You can use varying websites between ad groups and between campaigns within the same account.

This is actually recommended in many cases to avoid trying to serve ads from multiple accounts/websites for the same keywords...AKA Double Serving.

From this page: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/175906?hl=en#

"Use only one website per ad group

• We allow only one display URL domain to be used for all ads within a particular ad group. In other words, all display URLs within an ad group need to be hosted in the same site, even the URLs for your paused ads. If you want to advertise a different site, we suggest that you create a new campaign or a new ad group."

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

N/A
# 7
N/A

I have Doubt regarding my pune car rental web www.ecabsin.com, I am trying to run ads in diffrent group with high bid but not able to bring it on first page. please help