AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Trying to get donations to help get a prosthetic arm.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to find the best place to post a personal ad to try to raise money to help me get travel expenses to get a prosthetic arm. Six years ago I contracted the same Neccrotizing Faciitas that you have seen in the news lately. The surgeon had to amputate my right arm and all of the muscle and skin from the right side of my torso down to mid-thigh to save my life. One month later, a different virus created an abccess on my neck that left me paralyzed from the neck-down. I could only feel and move my eyes for months. A surgeon rebuilt my neck with Titanium but said that I would never walk again. 

After a few years I was able to move better and I eventually re-learned to walk; after falling down thousands of times. I am setting up to get a new computerized prosthetic arm through insurance but being disabled and unemployed, I can't raise the money to make the four trips to Texas from Missouri where Advaned Arm Dynamics is located.

I have listed myself on support websites that they may have people that need someone to talk to that has been through such a life changing event. I always have been willing to help others. Right now, I am trying to put an ad in to help me get a new arm. Any suggestions?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Trying to get donations to help get a prosthetic arm.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Pmengineer,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sorry to read about your situation. 

I would suggest that you first take a look at the 'Solicitation of Funds' advertising policy.  If you are not set up for tax exempt status (I'm not exactly sure how an individual would qualify for this), I'm not so sure that you will be able to advertise with Google AdWords.

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’