AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Tricky From my point of view.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey All,

As we read and discussed many times that  "If We will create multiple accounts for single business can cause permenetn suspension"

But What happens if i will do with competitor. If My competitor is always ahead of me and I will create mulltiple adwords account (With adding few ads for same website) can cause permenent suspension for compeititors account also?

Just thought, Asking for knowledge purpose only.....I am as much capable to drive leads to my website No need to cheat. But desperate to know this thing.

2 Expert replyverified_user
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kandarp Thaker
September 2015

Re: Tricky From my point of view.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The same rule applies for everyone: this would be a violation of the "double serving" and you could file a complaint against the competitor.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Once you file a complaint, you attach a screen shot of the ads violating the Policy, and Google can easily find out who is in violation.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Kandarp

If you were to create an account to match your competitors ads, keywords etc...and use their website as well, in hopes of getting them suspended, I think you'll eventually find yourself in some trouble too. Google has very sophisticated systems to identify advertisers...they'll figure it out, I promise.

As Moshe suggested, if you find that someone is violating a policy, report it and ensure that your account is top notch. Don't spend any valuable time trying to sabotage your competitors, it's a waste of resources IMO.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 10
Badged Google Partner
Kandarp,

Basically, anyone attempted this, the Fraud would be the one that lost there account any any other account they own. The billing process, Login, Ip's and other method of investigation would always lead to the fraud, instead of the innocent.

It would be the worst way to attempt to overcome your competition, There are plenty of optimization tactics, A/B testing of landing pages, Ads, and opportunities in your own accounts to create a profitable ROI. It comes down to understanding, learning, monitoring, testing, and managing your account.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi;
I am not sure what do you mean by saying "But What happens if i will do with competitors. "

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Assume that you are my competitor and promoting your business with same keyword and location as mine. Now if I'll create another 2-3 accounts of adwords and run ads same as you (100% similar ads including web url and all)

is that chance google suspend my account with yours also?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The same rule applies for everyone: this would be a violation of the "double serving" and you could file a complaint against the competitor.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Moshe,

Assume that you are my competitor. Now you don't know I did this thing. In Double serving policy Google may suspend account of mine and yours too. So you can;t promote your website via adwords. (If permanent suspension applies). In this situation how can you come to know that why your account is suspended). ?

Also is there any chance of recovery?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Once you file a complaint, you attach a screen shot of the ads violating the Policy, and Google can easily find out who is in violation.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Moshe....

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Kandarp

If you were to create an account to match your competitors ads, keywords etc...and use their website as well, in hopes of getting them suspended, I think you'll eventually find yourself in some trouble too. Google has very sophisticated systems to identify advertisers...they'll figure it out, I promise.

As Moshe suggested, if you find that someone is violating a policy, report it and ensure that your account is top notch. Don't spend any valuable time trying to sabotage your competitors, it's a waste of resources IMO.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Tommy Sands for clerificartion. It just a thought, I am not spending my time and money for this. As i said before also I am capable to drive quality leads to my website, No need to cheat.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 10
Badged Google Partner
Kandarp,

Basically, anyone attempted this, the Fraud would be the one that lost there account any any other account they own. The billing process, Login, Ip's and other method of investigation would always lead to the fraud, instead of the innocent.

It would be the worst way to attempt to overcome your competition, There are plenty of optimization tactics, A/B testing of landing pages, Ads, and opportunities in your own accounts to create a profitable ROI. It comes down to understanding, learning, monitoring, testing, and managing your account.