AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Transferring site to new domain ...please help

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

I have created a website on weebly.com  and domain is also a sub domain of weebly//i am advertising through google adwords since last few days..... but now i want to upload my site to my new own  domain....is there any policy voilation if i will do this ...i want to  change domain only ....everthing will remain same (content,layout,design,business)...can i do this....also i want to use the same ad copies and keywords i created...

please help!!!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author rishu
September 2015

Re: Transferring site to new domain ...please help

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi rishu, there's really no reason to panic. Smiley Happy  To "move" your site all you need do is edit your ads to use the new URL.  Make sure you change both the Display URL (the one in the ad itself) and the Destination URL (the one directing the click to your site).

If you've got any keyword-level destinations or sitelinks extensions you should change these as well but nothing else needs to change and you can keep all the existing settings.

Make sure you update all other places that may reference your site (outside of Adwords), such as Google Places, Webmaster Tools, etc.  You may also find it useful to check your site stats for frequent referred visits from other sites so you can inform them of the change of URL.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author rishu
September 2015

Re: Transferring site to new domain ...please help

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi rishu, there's really no reason to panic. Smiley Happy  To "move" your site all you need do is edit your ads to use the new URL.  Make sure you change both the Display URL (the one in the ad itself) and the Destination URL (the one directing the click to your site).

If you've got any keyword-level destinations or sitelinks extensions you should change these as well but nothing else needs to change and you can keep all the existing settings.

Make sure you update all other places that may reference your site (outside of Adwords), such as Google Places, Webmaster Tools, etc.  You may also find it useful to check your site stats for frequent referred visits from other sites so you can inform them of the change of URL.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits