AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Trademarked word

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hiya, please forgive me but im new to adwords and was hoping for some advice.

I have an online shop that sells herbal tinctures, flower essences and few other bits and pieces. I've created an ad and set everything up but in the Eligible status of the keywords it says that the ad and my website contains the word Essence, which is trademarked. What the hell does this mean? That I cannot use that word in my ads or on my website?? Because I'm selling different essences, that is what they are and what they are called. I'm so confussed now, can someone please advise me on what to do??? 

Thank you Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author yandoo
September 2015

Re: Trademarked word

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, welcome to adwords community!

Yes, you need to remove those words in the ads. You can keep them on your website and its not a problem with Adwords.

Adwords doesn't control which trademark to allow and which one to not allow. Its the actual product owners who request google to not allow their trademarked words used by other advertisers.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author yandoo
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, welcome to adwords community!

Yes, you need to remove those words in the ads. You can keep them on your website and its not a problem with Adwords.

Adwords doesn't control which trademark to allow and which one to not allow. Its the actual product owners who request google to not allow their trademarked words used by other advertisers.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply, it says Essence is trademarked, does that mean I can use Essences as a word in the ad? Or is both trademarked?

thank you

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
yes, you can try essences and see if its working or not!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much Smiley Happy

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Come back again and our community members will help you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

One of my ad has been disapproved, apparently for using trademarked word, does google verify credentials of the person opposing against trademarked word? The reason is, I have done extensive research and didn't find appropriate trademark information for a very common word used in my ad.

Cheers,