AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Trademarked items in listing....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
  • Hi,  I have  a question.  I've had 15 items noted under Data Quality for Trademarked items...several simply needed fixing, but the others are for sale..does the paragraph below, from Adwords, apply??  Thanks for any help...Lee
  • Resale of the trademarked goods or services: The landing page of the ad must sell (or clearly facilitate the sale of) the goods or services corresponding to a trademark term. The landing page must also clearly demonstrate that a user is able to purchase the goods or services corresponding to a trademark.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Trademarked items in listing....

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

Need so clarifications

1. Lets consider you are using "x y z" keyword which is trademark.

2. Does your page sell "x y z"

3. Does it Provide information about of "x y z"

4. Does it mention anything about sales of "x y z"?

5. And more importantly which country are you from as trademark rules are diffrent in some countries

Regards

Nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Ita Google Employee
Google Employee
# 3
Ita Google Employee
Google Employee

Hi Lee47,

You mentioned 'data quality' in your post. Would I be correct in assuming you're refering to trademark policy in the Merchant Centre rather than in AdWords? 

If that's the case I'm not too sure what the policy is. Maybe one of the community members will have the answer.

If you need to you can contact the Merchant Centre about your disapproved feed here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nik!  Thanks for your  reply...  Answer to #2 is yes... Answer to #3 is yes...  Answer to #4 is little harder.. I may say something like "a nice addition to your collection" etc.  It is the US... 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ita...

This reference comes from the Adwords Policy on Trademarks....

Resale of the trademarked goods or services: The landing page of the ad must sell (or clearly facilitate the sale of) the goods or services corresponding to a trademark term. The landing page must also clearly demonstrate that a user is able to purchase the goods or services corresponding to a trademark.

But this is what it says in my Data Quality area of Merchant Center...

Trademark Policy Violations (15 items)
Some of your items may violate Google AdWords trademark policies and will not be displayed as Product Ads (but may still be eligible for other destinations). If you want these items to display as Product Ads, please edit them to no longer violate AdWords trademark policies.
Thanks!  Lee

Ita Google Employee
Google Employee
# 6
Ita Google Employee
Google Employee

Hi Lee, 

Althought AdWords and Merchant Centre can compliment each other, within Google they are seen as two different products and that means they have two different sets of policies guiding them. 

The AdWords Tradeamark Reseller policy that you're refering to only applies to AdWords ads and the landing pages those ads link to.

The data feed in your Merchant Centre is not governed by the same policy. Unfortunately, my expertise lie with AdWords and I'm not sure of the Merchant Centre policy. I would advise that you get in touch with them via the link in my previous post and they should be able to clarify the policy for trademarks in your Merchant Centre data feed. 

Ita

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ita...so much for that...  Adwords says to check with Merchant Center and Merchant Center says to check with Adwords.  Sorry but that's typical Google.  Guess it doesn't much matter anyhow since little sellers like myself probably won't be here much longer!