AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Trademark query - apparent error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I run a website that is being classed as informational/reseller (which is expected) so many of my ads are being classed as approved (limited) due to trademark reasons. This is fine, as according to the Google guidelines this should not affect how my ads run in the UK (which is the only place I run the ads) but should only affect them in other territories (please see here). However, my ads are not running in the UK despite the fact that my quality score for them is high, my bids are high enough and there are substantial amounts of searches for the terms I am bidding on. Any help on why this is happening would be hugely appreciated!

Many thanks

Bertie

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Trademark query - apparent error

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Please visit one of the keywords that has no impressions or clicks and place your mouse pointer over the little bubble in the Status Column. A popup should appear with some diagnostic info. Is there anything in that popup that helps?

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kim,

It says
"Reasons
Your ads in this ad group aren't showing because of the use of a trademarked term in your ad text.
Ad policies
Trademark"

This is the problem I am talking about as it is coming up as approved limited, but not actually showing.

Many thanks
Bertie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm having the same problem. Any luck resolving?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I solved it for a previous website, but the issue has come up again on a new website. It is a total nightmare and no one at adwords seems to be able to shed any light on why it is happening.