AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Trademark policy changed?

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Hello, last few months I wasn't able to use any trademarked brand in my ads and just recently I found out, that Google is no longer against it.

Is it me or this just got secretely updated? LINK

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Trademark policy changed?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, Google will not restrict the use of your trademark in AdWords text ads unless you submit a valid complaint, so maybe the trademarks you tried to use, their owners have already filed complaints about the use of their trademarks.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
I think same is case in using phone no in text ads.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
But this is new right? I think few weeks ago the rules about trademark policy were different.

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Alex,

The Policy Change Log is here: http://goo.gl/YXyn0G . If you scroll down, you'll see an update to the Trademark Policy for certain countries. If you are located in any of those countries, you might have noticed a change. Apart from that, I don't think there have been any major changes to the Trademark Policy. 

I hope this helps!