AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Trademark issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Thank you for advertising with AdWords Express. After reviewing your account, we've found that the ad for your business listing doesn't meet our guidelines.

Trademark in Ad Content or Keyword Insertion: Due to trademark complaints, we don't allow advertisers to use certain trademarked terms or elements under certain circumstances.

if so how are these people allowed to advertise the same 

i can't insert an image i took so i have put what i have typed in 

iphone 5 screen repairs 

and you will see the adverts 

i had apple iphone 5s repairs

is there a way round this ie on my landing page do i have to change something or do i have to change the words in my advert 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Trademark issue

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the Community!

There could be two possibilities in this case. Advertisers with TM terms (like the ones you've seen) may have an authorization from the TM owner to use those terms. It could also be that their ads aren't disapproved yet, but would be disapproved shortly. As you may be aware, the bottom line is 'TM terms aren't allowed in the ad text without proper authorization'.

There's no harm in using TM terms in the website. You'll have to change the ad text and ensure TM terms aren't used. More about this policy here.

Cheers,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Re: Trademark issue

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You've failed to state googles trademark use policy. Listed under Resellers/informational

When ads do comply with this policy:
Resellers:

The ad's landing page is primarily dedicated to selling (or clearly facilitating the sale of) the goods or services corresponding to the trademark.
OR
The ad's landing page is primarily dedicated to selling (or clearly facilitating the sale of) components, replacement parts, or compatible products or services related to the goods or services corresponding to the trademark.
The product or services must be the primary focus of the ad's landing page. The landing page must clearly provide a way to purchase the product or services OR display commercial information (such as rates, prices, or quotes) about the product or services.
Informational sites:

The primary purpose of the ad's landing page is to provide informative details about goods or services corresponding to the trademark.