AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Trademark issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I entered the Merchant Centre today to find that I had a product disapproved due to a Trademark violation.  The details of this violation state I use the term  "c3" in a product called SO-C3-3CD.  This is no trademark violation as this code fragment is part of a larger code and so I really do not understand this issue.  What Google seem to be saying is that any part/product code using hyphens to seperate fragments will deem each fragment to be a seperate entity and each fragment will be subject to the full rules and regs of Google, but this is entirely not useable/functional.  The manufacturers part codes for example CS-485E, if a company trademarks "cs" this will mean that this product and the other 25 products in the Computer Station (cs) range will be disallowed. 

Please help to explain this issue and how to correct this without changing a manufacturers part code?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Trademark issue/ part number as a tradename

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello RichardKings; Welcome to AdWords community;

It does seem a little weird that a combination of two letters and a "dash" will be recognized by the system ad a trade-name.

• Who is the owner of the trade-name?
  • Try to call Google CS. If unsuccessful explaining them that it is a part number, I see no other way but to fill in a trade-name authorization form.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’