AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Trademark approval

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There,

I have been using adwords for last 8 months and I have yet not got approval for trademark term 'google' and 'gmail'.

History:

I had two adwords accounts associated with two different mail ids(which was unintentional) . But at a time only one was active. So initially I was using account A with Indian currency which had received all needed trademark approvals. Then I realized that I needed to have dollar account to get better reach and understand competitors bidding for good ROI. Fortunately my account B had USD as currency. So I transferred my ads from account A to B using adwords editor, but the trademark permissions cannot get automatically transferred which I was made aware of by the adwords support team. No issues. So after successfully transferring the ads to USD account B, I tried applying for trademark approval but still no results. I even spoke to customer service multiple times but they tell me to apply and that my adwords cannot get trademark approval if their trademark team feels that 'I cannot get'. No reason.

Following are the links that I have used to get approvals - 

Marketplace link

Permission link

I even wrote to apps-dev-marketing@google.com but no response.

Let me tell something about my business. We help businesses go google with our tools, this includes migrating from old google domain to new google domain and also from other IMAP service provider to Google. 

Need immediate help as with"limited approvals" I cannot cover entire geography. So I NEED trademark approval. Help me.

FYI - my competitors are already having this approval.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Trademark approval

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
You should email the addresses on those forms that tell you to email them if there are any problems. There's not much we can do as a peer to peer community to help you resolve internal Google affairs.

Sorry.

Re: Trademark approval

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the response.

I did that but I have not received any resolution.