AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Trademark Term Use in Ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I was reviewing the AdWords Trademark Policy from : http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=6118

I have question about below mentioned details from the ads,

When such ads canshow in these regions:

Resellers:

• The ad's landing page is primarily dedicated to selling (or clearly facilitating the sale of) the goods or services corresponding to a trademark term.
    OR
    The ad's landing page is primarily dedicated to selling (or clearly facilitating the sale of) the components, replacement parts or compatible products relating to the goods or services of the trademark.
  • The product or services must be the primary focus of the ad's landing page. The landing page must clearly provide a way to purchase the product or services OR display commercial information about the product or services.

Does this mean, without getting authorization from the trademark owner, if someone follows the above mentioned should be able to use Trademarked Term in the Ad.

Regards,

Rahul

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author rp2618
September 2015

Re: Trademark Term Use in Ad

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rahul,

If the ad meets the criteria,the ads will be allowed to run in the US, the UK, Ireland, and Canada until a trademark compliaint is recieved from the trademark owner.

Check the link below

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=186124

Hope this helps,

Info

Re: Trademark Term Use in Ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Later on, it says that the same goes for the EU "For ad campaigns targeting the European Union and EFTA regions, the ad text policy above applies." does that mean that I can run an Ad, if I have a dedicated subsite or section for the Brand in question?