AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Trademark Keywords

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

My account has been approved to use a trademarked term but when I create an Ad it says I can't use the term. Why is this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Trademark Keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

When you say your account has been 'approved' to use a trademarked term, what do you mean?

A. You have approved keywords (trademarked terms) in your account.

B. You are authorized - meaning that the trademark owner sent Google the necessary form allowing you to use a certain term.

Please clarify.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
B. The owner has seThe owner has sent the necessary forms to Google.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Please go through the 'Authorization Policy' part. If your authorization request satisfy all the conditions, then it may be that the request is under process.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6118?hl=en

You can contact your local Adwords support for a clarification.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
This is soooo hard. I have gone through the authorization process and I received an email stating that only the owner of the trademark can do that. What do you mean the request is under process??

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Your request 'may be' under process or review.

Contacting your account rep or local Adwords support can help you to resolve this issue faster.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Which request?