AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Trademark Competition

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

We're currently getting competition on our client's Trademark from another company. The company is not using our client's name in the Ad, just bidding on the keyword. I know that according to Google's terms this is legitimate practice. We've contacted the competitor requesting that they stop but they have explicitly declined to do so.

I was wondering whether anyone had any experience and tactics that worked for them in the past? We've already started counter-bidding on the competitor's Trademark but they don't seem that bothered!

Thanks in advance.

Re: Trademark Competition

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi There,

Please go through the below mentioned. May be this will provide you some input.

Trademark terms used in keywords

Google will not investigate or restrict the use of trademark terms in keywords, even if a trademark complaint is received.

Exception: Here is a case when the policy for keywords doesn't apply in the way described above:

• Ad campaigns targeting Australia, Brazil, China, Hong Kong, Macau, New Zealand, South Korea, or Taiwan are restricted in using trademarks in keywords (except for accounts that have been authorized to use that specific term). Keywords using the restricted trademark will not be allowed to trigger the ad. However, due to our broad match system, ads can appear for searches that include a restricted trademark term as long as the ad's actual keywords do not use the term.

Foyzul