AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Trade Mark Issue

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Experts,

Its been six week since we got Approval from the Trade mark owner( of the terms which we want to use) as they put a request so we can use the Trade Mark terms. Now Google Acknowledge that they Received the Request and everything is fine and we will be able to use the trade mark terms in next 48 hours. Now its been 6 Week our ads are still getting disapproved. Now when I call Google customer care they say that we received everything and forwarded the request to the concerned department but they themselves dont know why its taking so long as they cant contact the ad policy department.

Every time I call the Customer Care they ask me to put a new request which I do and then they ask me to wait for their email. And the only email I’m getting is apologies Email that they Don’t Know what Going On.   

I'm on the verge of losing this client, as client is being frustrated (and me too). Most of the time with Google Customer Service is like banging with walls as you don’t get clear answers from them.

Anyone had same issue and got resolved please help.

Thanks,

Harry Gill

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Trade Mark Issue

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Sir,

Please review the guidelines below: If you believe you completely adhere, then it all boils down to communication.

Which ads cannot run under this policy?

Ads using the term in a competitive way will not be allowed to run with the term at issue in their ad. Additionally, we will not allow the following:

• ads that do not lead to a landing page that clearly facilitates the sale of either the goods and services corresponding to the trademark or parts or components related to the goods and services corresponding to the trademark
  • competitive information about the goods and services corresponding to a trademark
  • ads that do not lead to a landing page which provides substantive information about the goods and services corresponding to a trademark

My ads aren't showing, but they comply with the policy. What should I do?

There are several reasons why your ads may not be running. This policy allows ads to run with a trademark in the ad text when the landing page is either primarily dedicated to providing informative details about the goods or services associated with the trademark OR clearly sells or facilitates the sale of the goods or services associated with the trademark. If your landing page doesn't specifically do one of those, it will not be approved to run. In order for your ad text with the trademark term to run, you must adjust the content of your landing page or edit the text of your ad in order to ensure it is compliant with our trademark policy.

Additionally, ads whose landing pages include relevant information in non-text format (like flash, videos, or images) might not be marked as compliant with our policy. Consider including the relevant content in text on your landing page or adding text attributes to rich media elements of your landing page.

More Power,

Loraine Quiaoit

More Power,
Loraine

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@harry_gill; I am referring your case to Google to be re-checked.

@LoraineQuiaoit; Are you quoting a Google help document? A credit and a link to the original document will be helpful, (so we can track the source). In this case, a reference link, opening in a new tab, would suffice. (See community guidelines on quoting ).

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes Sir MosheTLV, I am quoting from the Help Center:AdWords Trademark Policy - Resellers and Informational Sites.

Robot wink

More Power,
Loraine

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Moshe,

Just to let you know that Google has Stopped replying to my emails. How unprofessional. We are losing a client but they are losing a $60,000 account as well. 

Regards

Harry Gill

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 6
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi harry_gill,

I was informed that last communication was set to you on Aug, 6th. Please check your mailbox and follow up with the support team on your issue.

Thank you,
Zee
G+