AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

This ad or keyword requires review before it can run

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Hello community,

I'm randomely getting this error in Adwords Editor: ''This ad or keyword requires review before it can run'' it shows up only for specific specific ads and keywords and underneath this error it says: you can't request for exception.

But for example I have 4 ads and all of those 4 ads have the same headline(product name), but 2/4 or 3/4  are marked with red exclamation mark and others are ok. The same goes for keywords, in this match type it's fine keyword, in another match type it's marked with this error.

The problem phrase should be ''yellow diamond'', which is name of the product, but either way I don't think there's something wrong with this keyword in general.

Anyone knows any further information?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: This ad or keyword requires review before it can run

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Alex Smiley Happy

I've searched for this issue and I'm guessing that the keywords you chose needs to be approved before it can be shown. Here is why:-
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/99486?hl=en

Hope that helps a bit.
Good luck Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Alex,

I'm guessing the website sells jewellery or, more obviously, diamonds? I'm wondering whether the AdWords policy is flagging those ad copies and keywords to guard against potential counterfeit goods...

Have you tested the same keywords and ad copies (which have the issues) in the live interface?

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Try creating the exact same ad or keyword (make sure you specify the same text and the same destination URL) manually in the online interface. Most likely, it'll fail there too, but you may get a more detailed error message.