AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

This ad doesn't follow our policies. Here's what you need to fix

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I have a problem when creating new ads for a new campaign. Everything I type in gets the same error when I am sure my ad does not contain any of the items the error says to remove. The error I am receiving is here: "This ad doesn't follow our policies. Here's what you need to fix."

When I dig further it says the following: 

• Google ads aren't allowed to have excessive or unnecessary punctuation or symbols such as the following:
    • Exclamation mark in the ad's headline or more than one per ad
    • Repeated punctuation or symbols (such as "!!!!free!!!")
    • Characters that don't adhere to their true meaning (such as "4 sale" or "for $@le")
    • Non-standard symbols (such as ~, *, and |) except in a company name or standard industry use (such as "5* hotel")
Recommended action:
Edit your ad above so it meets our policies, then save it.

Here is an example of just one of hundreds of ads I have tried and they all get the same error. I wish Google would actually highlight the exact issue instead of making it a guessing game. Time isn't cheap and this is wasting much of it.

Headline: Bed Bug Information
Description line 1: Many Americans On Average Live
Description line 2: With Bed Bugs, Early Detection Help
Display URL: PestControlMaintenance.com
Destination URL: pestcontrolmaintenance.com/bed-bugs
Device preference: Checked Yes (I want this)
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: This ad doesn't follow our policies. Here's what you need to fix

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi finvaz,

Can you try with pestcontrolmaintenance.com in the display URL instead of PestControlMaintenance.com? And, let us know if you still run into the error.

Thanks,
Mini

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, I have the EXCACT same problem. Done ads before, know how it should work. Double and triple checked, everything's eligible but the system keeps rejecting my ads.

The messages the same as the OP's.

Thanks!

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question or comment.

This will help other forum members to both see and understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thanks!