AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

The problem with the publication of changes

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In the new Google Adwords Editor 11 I have a problem with the publication of the imported campaigns from csv file. When you try to send the changes to all the reports I got the error "Invalid name for this ad group." In version 10.6 all goes well.

What to do?

chyba.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pišta H
September 2015

Re: The problem with the publication of changes

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee
I'm not sure I quite understand the question. Are you asking how to hide deleted campaigns and ad groups, once downloaded? Click on the down arrow above the account tree - it offers many ways to select which campaigns and ad groups are shown.

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Most likely, that campaign already has ad groups with those names, probably Removed. AdWords won't allow two ad groups with the same name under a campaign, even if one of them is removed. You'd have to give your new ad groups different names.

You can see removed ad groups in the online interface: on the Ad Groups tab, change the drop-down in the top left corner from All But Removed to All.

Or, you can download them in Editor. Under Settings, enable "Download deleted campaigns and ad groups" option, then perform Get Recent Changes > More Data (slower).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Certainly there as deleted. But the new import them want to reset with the new ads and keywords. In Adwords Editor 10.6 this worked flawlessly. I need this functionality continues!

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
You can turn on "Download deleted campaigns and ad groups" option and download those deleted ad groups in Editor. Then CSV import will put your ads and keywords into those deleted ad groups, rather than creating new ones.

However, it's not clear what you are trying to achieve with that. Ads in deleted ad groups don't actually serve. Is the plan to un-delete those ad groups later, to set their status back to Enabled? If so, then be aware that, very soon, this will no longer be possible.

In fact, this (un-deleting of campaigns and ad groups) is already blocked in the online interface - you'll get an error if you try. Editor can still do this, but that will also stop working within a day or two. If you planned to un-delete those ad groups, do it now, using Editor - you might not get another chance.

Once you are past this immediate problem, you will have to adjust your workflow so that you don't rely anymore on the possibility of un-deleting deleted ad groups. Again, AdWords system will no longer allow that, very soon (this is not a limitation imposed by Editor; Editor is just the messenger). Perhaps you could pause your ad groups instead.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great! It is necessary to download any deleted items. Then everything works as before.

Unfortunately, in AdWords Editor, it is now more confusing. You can set the "Download deleted campaigns and ad groups" while the editor disable the display of deleted items?

Thanks.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pišta H
September 2015

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee
I'm not sure I quite understand the question. Are you asking how to hide deleted campaigns and ad groups, once downloaded? Click on the down arrow above the account tree - it offers many ways to select which campaigns and ad groups are shown.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much. Arrow above the account tree I had overlooked. Now this is the way I was used to in version 10.6