AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

The keyword phrase doesn't currently trigger any of your ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I checked my ads on ad preview tool and it says ""The keyword phrase doesn't currently trigger any of your ads" Because your query included location terms, ads matching this location are shown: LOCATION""

My keywords contains loation terms such as Hotels in Georgia etc.

Location targeting is "All Countries & Terrotories"

Ads are approved and QS is above 7. Everthing is good but It seems like something is wrong with my keyword selection or Georaphycal locations.

Advantge targeting options are as follows:
TargetSmiley Tongueeople in, searching for or viewing pages about my targeted location (recommended)
Exclude: People in, searching for or viewing pages about my excluded location

Please shed some light and help me with this.

a.k

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: The keyword phrase doesn't currently trigger any of your ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello A K,

There could be many things to diagnose at your end...

Are you getting this message from every keyword or from some specific regional keywords in your campaigns?

Did you try the keyword diagnosis for all your keywords?

What is the ad schedule in your campaigns? Are you running all time or some particular time of the day?

Is the budget sufficient which you have applied in your campaigns?

By the way, I won't recommend running one campaign for all countries. It limits your exposure. You should create campaigns based on country basis and if possible language basis too.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi A.K.

I understand your situation clearly. First, ignore the "Because your query included location terms, ads matching this location are shown: LOCATION"". That just means it is a location based keyword, so not a problem. There is however a problem with your keyword which is why it isnt being shown. To find out the problem -> Go to the keyword section in your Campaign and locate that keyword -> Click the comment bubble next to the keyword and the box will tell you exactly why it isnt being shown.

Roy

Google Adwords Account Manager

Clickmaximus.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj,

Thank you for your reply..

Are you getting this message from every keyword or from some specific regional keywords in your campaigns?

<> All keywords. My all keywords contains location terms.

Did you try the keyword diagnosis for all your keywords?

<> Yes. Same warning ""The keyword phrase doesn't currently trigger any of your ads"

What is the ad schedule in your campaigns? Are you running all time or some particular time of the day?

<> No Ad scheduling

Is the budget sufficient which you have applied in your campaigns?

<> Yes more then enough

By the way, I won't recommend running one campaign for all countries. It limits your exposure. You should create campaigns based on country basis and if possible language basis too.

<> Agree, I will do the needfull changes once see some results. Can it be the reason for the warning, I do not think so??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

clickmaximus: Thanks for your repsonse. When I house over keywords, I see the same warning for all the keywords.

Please suggest something so that my ads can be live asap.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again,

I hope your keywords status is eligible and the ads are in approved state.

There is a slight possibility that your account might be the under review process from Google's end. I would suggest sending an email to Adwords support or calling them directly for account specific insights.

Let us know if that helps you!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey,

I had the same problem and found my solution. Not sure it will be same for you.

Under the setting of my campaign -> Location options (advanced) -> the exclude option was set to the same as target (People in, searching for, or viewing pages about my targeted location).

Make sure the exclude option is set to: People in my excluded location.

Hope it can help someone.

Yanik