AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

The NIGHTMARE of Adwords Support. Is there a solution?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is a summary of the situation

First week of July 2016

We filled this form: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/contact/advertise_software_pol

We called support 1 week later because we had not received and answer, the support agent didn’t know about the form, we informed him of what it was then he told us “the site needs to be in violation of the policy for someone to look at this, otherwise filling this form is useless”.

We informed him that we are trying to respect policy not break it and that this form is there precisely to prevent violations. He agreed and told us “we will look into it”

On July 12th, 2016

The support agent sends us a link to the form, which we told him we had already filled.

Image 1.png

Same day, we call him and tell him about the fact that the form he sent us is the one we already informed him about, he tells us he will investigate and get back to us.

We go back and forth for a while, I spare you the details until he confirms me by phone that the form was received and approved.

August 9th, 2016

Another agent confirms by email that the first one said to us that our site was approved

Image 2.png

August 11, 2016

The first agent we had spoken to confirms by email that we have the right to distribute desktop software

Image 3.png

Since then.

Every ad we upload gets disapproved for “unsupported business” despite us being approved for that business using the proper channels.

Image 4.png

We have since dealt with support on several occasions and always the same answer:

August 11th, 2016 – Their Answer: We are looking into it will take 24 hours

August 18th, 2016 – Their Answer: We are looking into it will take 24 hours

August 21th, 2016– Their Answer: We are looking into it will take 24 hours

August 22th, 2016– Their Answer: We are looking into it will take 24 hours

August 23th, 2016– Their Answer: We are looking into it will take 24 hours

August 24th, 2016– Their Answer: We are looking into it will take 24 hours

It has been close to two months, we are far from the 24 hours and our ads are still disapproved.

We believe we deserve more respect than that. Here is a copy of our ad spend for a period of 6 months with another account before the software policy was changed, a policy we are now respecting.

Image 5.png

It may be small in comparison with huge corporations, but at the end of the day it still ends up being 359,476.00$ per year and it was growing.

We respect policy and yet we feel like we have been treated like we do not matter for two months which means they probably lost at least about 60 000$, probably more because we pay higher CPC’s in the niche our account compared to the former one.

30K a month is nothing to them, but I am not entirely sure shareholders would be happy to learn that Google neglects their smaller customers because believe it or not, one like me is nothing but I bet there are thousands out there facing similar situations.

We tried everything, changing ad group, changing destination url, filling the form to be approved as authoritative distribution source multiple times, calling support at least 30 times, emailing them, chatting with them, using the ads review link in the disapproval emails, using the review site email, we tried everything and nobody seems to actually do something to fix the problem.

Can anybody who is within Google or knows someone please do something?

Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: The NIGHTMARE of Adwords Support. Is there a solution?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Pierre,

Are you promoting the same website as your previous account?

If so, this might be the problem:

The authoritative source must not have a history or reputation of policy violations.
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6368711

It could be that Google has approved your site, but the past history is a problem.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't think that's it.

it is not the same website and we did not operate the old website in violation of policy until they changed the desktop software policy.

And it got suspended as soon the change date passed we  expected it so we did not literally run it in violation of policy they didn't let us run it a day after the new rules (we were probably one of the biggest in the niche, easy to spot), the account was clean just like this one is now.

And we were authorized with the actual account so the problem is not there, we did fill the form as the post indicated and we did get email confirmation the site was approved

Ads are almost all approved now though, I guess someone saw this post and helped or maybe the complaint I filed with the same info and screenshots helped, they saw some ad spend and noticed we were not going to be spending pennies when this thing is made profitable we will scale it and raise spending to the highest it can be, maybe that helped escalate this issue immediately.

Lets just hope future ads we publish aren't going to go through the same kind of issue. Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
There are certain restrictions, for downloaded software, to comply with IN ADDITION to the authorized distributor.
Please share the website URL
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’