AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Tech Support Suspensions on a massive Scale

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As we all are aware that what Google is doing these days to Tech Support companies, actually i think should say small tech supports. Our so called Google Experts have also given scripted answers and have remained diplomatic in this regard(sorry but that's true). I know by writing on this community my account can't be back to normal but still i want every Google certified to reply to this. Now i was running my business smoothly without any hassles and my Adword was 1.5 year old. I didn't wanted any hassles of taxation and all so i incorporated my company in India and not in US. I maintained a chargeback ratio of 0.5% which is near to the best in tech support and hired 10-12 employees. Suddenly 1 day i woke and see "your adword account has been suspended for billing related info". I thought wats this ,everything was going on smooth and why it couldn't verify my billing when i was paying through my Corporate Netbanking. I called up my PPC manager (Google certified) to look into it. He told me that Google team is demanding approval letter for using trademarks(mind it no logic with billing info) to which i replied what approval when we have clearly mentioned that we are a third party support not related to anyone unless specified. Then also i offer them what all i have to prove my legitimacy i.e. Approval from Department of Telecommunications-OSP Licence and more than 1000 feedback from the clients whom we have serviced.

Now the second thing, Google has reviewed my account and site 3 times in past 1.5 years but that time it appeared to Google that all was ok and now suddenly my message changed from billing blah to multiple violations and all those things as you better know it.  

It has been nearly a month no positive reply from any employee or partner of Google. Everyday i search for the names appearing to see where i lacked but i am shocked to see that Iyogi, Guruaid etc. have never been down instead on clearly violating Trademark policy of Google. Just have a look at trademark policy which states that Trademark names should not be used in the Adtext(But Iyogi can use it).

I just want a clear answer from our Experts that if money is the only criteria to allow someone to advertise on Google then what is the use of creating these policies.Now i see Google like East India Company.

I don't have any grudges with Iyogi or Guruaid as these are big players whose footsteps we follow but it doesn't seem a good Idea to just eradicate the small players for the benefit of big players.

Specifically Moshe Sir i want you to reply..

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tech Support Suspensions on a massive Scale

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i agree with you Lokesh...i have a similar story and Google support in India would tell me everytime that they would get back to me via mail and every time i get the same scripted response. All of a sudden my team is sitting idle and i have running expenses to bear without any inflow.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;

Let's  make it clear; Google does NOT discriminate between advertisers. In terms of the Policy : All  advertisers are equal.

I have reviewed dozens, if not hundreds of cases, of  tech support sites suspended. (There is a flood in those...). All these cases are publicly available in this community. (Run a search for "tech support suspended")  - There was no single case of a suspension that was not justified.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Sir i am not sating that Tech Support was not violating t...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sir i am not sating that Tech Support was not violating the policies, i agree with you completely. I am looking for answer of my other question i.e. When big fishes are also breaking the policies why allow them? Do one thing, 9 am EST just search on Google -- Belkin Tech Support -- Their AD TEXT CONTAIN TRADEMARK. And according to the trademark policy (which is reproduced here) it's not allowed. 

"Google will investigate and may restrict the use of a trademark within ad text. Ads using restricted trademarks in their ad text may not be allowed to run. This policy applies worldwide."

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Moshe sir... I request you do not copy and paste your replies...help us!!!..we all are unemployed..my employees left the office .i have to pay rent ,electricity bills, internet bills,employees salary,...our business is completely down as it is dependent on google totally. you please request google to create some strict polices and we will follow that..those who will not follow..google can ban them

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
We are a group of tech support companies who is going to organise protest in front of google office iin gurgaon. We request all tech support and their employees to join us. Protest will start on friday the 18th at 9 am in morning. Please come and support us and ur business.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You are right Lokesh big players are violating policies and still there ads are running without hassels, has google started back door services or what!! i am too frustrated, my account is 3 years old and still suspended!, i have removed all LOGOS, TM's and have tried from heart and soul to do what Google says.