AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Tech Support Account Suspensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Lately I have been getting a lot of calls from Tech Support companies, based in India and advertising to the US & Canada that their accounts have got suspended. In some cases, the accounts are two years old. Is there any specific reason for this wave of suspension? I have read the policies as well as updates & there seems to be nothing new from AdWords in terms of policy change.

I posed this question to AdWords support in India too, but they, perhaps unsurprisingly, had no answers.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tech Support Account Suspensions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

All suspended sites that have been brought to my attention, did not comply with the Policy;
As long as the site complies - it should be fine.
There have been dozens of case studies in the community demonstrating tech support. campaigns. Run a search for tech support to learn how to fix.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Dear MosheTLV:
vineet said account suspended..he did not say site suspended
pleas read his question carefully...every tech support company knows how to fix suspended sites..please update us why tech support accounts suspended..will they allow us to run campaigns or not...we are very confused and our business is on stake
thanks !!!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@rishu;;
Let me clarify this: In the cases  tech support web sites, account suspension is a result of the a landing page violation. (The landing page or the business model violated the Policy and, cannot promote the business anymore on Google. Hence the account was suspended ).

Tech support sites which  fully comply with Policy can be promoted.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
It seems that we are running in circles. The best part is being in the tech support industry for almost 7 years, I am still not able to understand google's policies. If any company is violating policy, At least let them know where is the violation. There are issues with the tech support domain, however there are many genuine companies in the market as well.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Actually to be honest...Google's policies for websites & third party service are pretty straightforward though they are couched in legal language...I have seen some suspended accounts referred to me...It seems invariably there is a big violation of advertising policies...but the question is...why are the suspensions happening suddenly & in a wave?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Maybe a complaint or something.. Just for quick profitability, People have killed the hen that lay golden eggs. How to fix it? The question still remains the same. Probably a suggestion by Google specific to tech support niche might help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
From what I have seen as Ad practices by a lot of Tech Support companies, I wonder how they lasted so long? They leave no stone unturned to gain an unfair advantage, be it false URLs, putting toll free no. in the Ad or trying to use Trademarks through misspellings.

But more than that it comes down to ignorance. Tech Support companies have spread like a rash. Despite spending a lot of money, their PPC Managers (in case they hire one) seem to be ignorant of the basics of AdWords...a lot of them use dynamic keyword insertion not knowing that use of trademarks is not allowed in ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi moshe, just wanna to say the best way i think is to opt out & stop advertising in india in any form.. that what is going to happen..

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Had a word with Google Customer Care Team. They are not creating any new accounts for Tech Support. They stated that there are some issues going on for tech support domain and they would accept tech support campaigns, but not as if now. I wonder why many other tech support are successfully running the campaigns..Seems a biased decision.