AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Tech Sup Fellows, Lets Get Together and discuss the Suspension issue

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello tech support fellows,

If you are here and reading this, it means you also are suffering from the suspension of your tech support account. There are lot of tech support merchants who got suspended suddenly for no reason.. and even Google is not providing any reason behind it. Some are saying its because of big names in the industry because Google is funding them and reducing the competition by suspending the small scale accounts. And some are stating that this is because of US Govt. because a lot of scam and fraud was going on in the tech support industry.

By the way... lets meet up and discuss this issue and try to find the solution together, what say?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tech Sup Fellows, Lets Get Together and discuss the Suspension iss

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning.

Google is not in favor or against any particular business or policy or region. All advertisers are reviewed equally and reviews are thorough and refer to AdWords Site policies. 

The fact that a number of accounts in one industry have been suspended recently is not proof (or even a suggestion) that Google is doing anything illegal or unethical. Google does not "own" large tech support providers and is not rigging the ad serving to favor them. Even if some Google product is advertised via AdWords, there is no favoritism. Google's ads for its own products compete in the same ad auctions, under the same criteria, as those of every other advertiser.

It is, on the other hand, quite possible that there were a large number of advertisers advertising technical support services who were not providing good service. Above all, Google prizes the quality of their advertising product. If Google's customers (the people using the search engine) are not having a good experience with a certain category of advertiser then Google will take action.  The technical support industry is not the first one that has gotten a clean-up and it won't be the last.

I am not saying that errors are never made. I'm just saying that quality advertisers--people who offer goods and/or services and make a good-faith attempt to deliver on what they advertise--rarely have problems with the policies program.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Theresa_Zook,

I agree with you... but why the exceptions are there? Its really worthless to ask you because I know you are not capable to answer me on this.

Here I would like to ask you why the big names in the tech support industry like iyogi, guruads etc are able to run their ads. If you want please browse about iyogi scam stories out there on the internet... but still they are able to run the ads even for many domains and accounts. Even they are able to include their tollfree number in the ads... no restrictions on them. People are stating that the big companies like iyogi is funded by Goolge now and reducing the competition by suspending the small scale accounts. Why this partiality? If policies are the matter then Google should look all in the same row. Why they are in exception? For more information please check this thread- https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approvals-and-Advertising/Why-they-are-able-to-run-adword...

Now if you can please answer me on the above OR as said in the thread then I will appreciate your post here??? But you know... you are just a contributor here, even Google employees are unable to answer it now... Even if you can't answer to the same then stop posting craps here and make points as a contributor.... I apologize but we need solution... instead of rolling here and there.

Waiting for a response from your side.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

I cannot speak to any specific example of some other company whose account may and/or may not be currently under investigation. No one who "knows" what may and/or may not be happening with an account that you do not own is going to talk to you about it. It's called "privacy."

It is not my place or, really, the place of anyone on this forum to debate some other company's performance with you. This forum is designed to help AdWords advertisers learn the the program and how to offer the highest-performing, highest-quality programs they can design. If you wish to try and learn what "quality" advertising is and how to achieve it for your own company, you can do that here. 

If you wish to use this forum to complain about your own account's suspension, well, it's a public forum and you can do that here as well. 

If you wish to complain that your account was suspended but some other company's account was not--well, there's no real point in that but, again, you can do that. 

I have done a number of random searches for technical support since this discussion started. I have seen ads from a wide variety of companies, located all over the place. It seems clear to me that the tech support advertising environment is alive and healthy. However many accounts were suspended in the recent round of quality checks, there seem to have been more than enough high quality accounts left to disprove the theory that this is some kind of witch hunt against all technical support companies.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Theresa,

Its been very unfortunate to write against Google but I do not have any option. We have been doing advertisement from last 2 years and now suddenly account got suspended. I understand Google has its own policy and if some one hampering that, you must take action. I have two simple questions here:
have you banned Tech support in Google? If yes, then why many companies are running.
Second: If not, then at least guide us what we have done wrong?

I have Netgear third party authorization from Netgear and Google. I was not using any trademark in my adds. Still I got my account suspended?

Can you please look in to this matter.

Regards,
Naren

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Naren, I agree with you, we are facing the same trouble, and he is write Google at least give us proper time span and guidance to make changes if required.

Well we need answer of his two questions???