AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Tablet Traffic is Garbage

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why can't we prevent tablet traffic? Oh that's right, because Google would make less money. Adwords has become Tier 2 traffic because of tablets. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tablet Traffic is Garbage

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Matt;

If you search the community on the topic you'll find that  this has been discussed in length.

Probably the reason is that users' behavior on tablets and desktops has  similar characteristics.  Thus, Google did not find enough supporting data to allow / offer tablet targeting, separately.

My view on the subject.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Similar is not the same, and it sure as heck isn't the same on YouTube or in adwords for video. I did search the community, the solution is that google changes its policies not that we have to completely reorient our businesses to suit google. That solution has not been proposed thus my statement as not been answered.

I did find a lot of responses by you, all of which seem about as helpful as your response here.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Just to clarify the terminology,   since we are talking on large volume data analysis.  "Similar"  means: statistically, with a confidence level of 95%

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes I'm sure that's how Google looks at it. No reason at all to question their methodology or mathematics. We should just take their word for it despite evidence to the contrary.

Also if we want to use your logic, humans are "similar" to mice , rats, monkeys etc. Personally, if I'm going to apply this to traffic, I'd rather pay for humans.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

No. Similarity has  to be defined by the variable(s) checked / tested. So, as any biologist would tell you, there are similarities between humans and monkeys  (aka as evolution). But, this is beyond our scope here...  Smiley Surprised

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matt G
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So not only are you an adwords expert you're also a biology expert. Great, please give me more of your advice. The point was that just because something is similar, that does not mean as good as, nor should we ever believe what google tells us or think for a second they have anything but their own self interest in mind from a policy stand point.

More to the point though, let's say tablet traffic was just as good as desktop traffic. If that were the case, why not give us control over it? If tablet traffic is as "similar" as google says it is, than they should give us the ability to control it. What harm would that cause?

The only logical conclusion is that tablet is not even close to as good as desktop and google would lose a significant amount of money as more and more advertisers turned off tablet as they recognized how bad it was.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Any updates on when will Google start rolling out the promised changes (to adjust the bid for tablets)?