AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Symbol €

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello AdWords ppl,

symbols like € can not be used as keywords even as [internet for 5 €].

we have billboards where 5€ is our trigger and a lot of ppl will look for it.

ofcourse I can write it as 5 euro, but is there chance somehow to use €?

Thanks,

Lukas

- Lukas
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Symbol €

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Please refer to the link to know in details https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176095?hl=en#.

Regards

Saurav

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Lukas,

Well i think you should be able to use the Symbol mentioned in your message because i used the same Symbol in the past...

Are you not able to use the Symbol..? what error you are getting...?

Let us know your issues..

Frank...

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello again,

"is there chance somehow to use €?" Yes : in ad text.

I use prices in description too, but instead of the euro symbol I use number folowed by Eur , as it is the standard abreviation for the Euro.

After reading the Editorial Standards

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176095?hl=en#

the only forbidden example provided is when the Currency is used without a numerical value, to substitute the word "price"

Big Sale On Now
example.com
Cheap laptops 4 sale
Find the lowest $ Not allowed

Ad text contains numbers and symbols that don't adhere to their true meaning. For example, the number 4 is not used in a numeric fashion, and a currency symbol cannot substitute for the word "price."

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello, Lukas. Unfortunately you cannot use special symbols as your keywords. You can use them in text ads, of course, but not in your keywords. Sorry.

However, I believe "internet for 5" will trigger your ad for searches such as "internet for 5 €".

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks boys for your info. So i will try many variants of € - Euro Eura Eur E ... Smiley Happy

- Lukas